Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My beef stroganoff

Inspired by Masterchef, I decided to make Beef Stroganoff for dinner tonight.

I looked online for a recipe and found so many variations - so I ditched the recipe idea and just made it up as I went along. The result was yum, so here is my recipe for Beef Stroganoff!

My shopping list included:
50 gms beef fillet, cut into thin strips
3 tbsp tomato paste
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 cps stock
1 brown onion, finely chopped
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
2 tsp sweet paprika
1/2 cup light sour cream
2 tbsp plain flour
1 packet of fettuccine

In a plastic bag, toss the beef strips with the flour and a teaspoon of the paprika. Brown the beef in a large, hot fry pan with a nob of butter and some olive oil. When the beef is brown but not cooked all the way through, take it our of the pan and put it on a plate.

Deglaze the pan with a cup of the stock, and add the chopped garlic and onions. Simmer until tender. Add the sliced mushrooms and continue to simmer for a further five minutes.

Return the meat to the pan. Add the rest of the paprika, the tomato paste and the leftover stock, stirring continuously. Add the sour cream and stir through. Add pepper and salt to taste.

Serve over aldente fettuccine.

Serves four, or dinner tonight/ lunch tomorrow for two!

No comments:

Post a Comment