Friday, March 25, 2011

Cold Weather Beautifiers and Mood Boosters

This week, I've been coughing and sniffling through my first transeasonal cold for 2011.

It's miserable being sick, not only because I feel flat and exhausted but also because I see Fester Adams when I look in the mirror...puffy and pallid with dark rings around my eyes - hideous!

While it's tempting to loll about in bed when you're sick, you'll feel less like an extended member of the Adams family if you pamper yourself a little bit.

Here are some things I've done to boost my spirits while I get over this cold:

Sweet Tart nail varnish by Revlon

Painting my nails with this gorgeous, lolly-pink polish by Revlon gave me a lift and made me feel less pale and sickly.
   
Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant











  

I used this Dermalogica exfoliating mask in the bath yesterday and felt really pampered. You apply a thin layer all over your face and in ten minutes the lactic acid disolves the dead skin to reveal a softer, brighter complexion. I love this, it's so gentle on my sensitive skin and doesn't leave it red like traditional scrubs.

I've been watching YouTube - it's addictive and it makes me lol.

I love Maru, and Maru loves boxes. This inquisitive, scottish-fold cat from Japan makes me smile.

Flashmobs are fun. I like this one from Weeds - the music is so happy.

This Beyonce inspired flashmob at London's Piccadilly Circus is great too.

Lastly, if you're lucky enough to have an amazing boyfriend, like I do, get him in the kitchen. Ax made me an amazing chicken soup with ginger, barley and vegetables and it made me feel alot better ( thanks babe x).


Hope these suggestion help if you're feeling under the weather,

Love La x

No comments:

Post a Comment