Monday, February 7, 2011

Review: Tan Mousse by ModelCo

While I appreciate my fair skin and rosey cheeks during the colder months, in summer I crave a deep, golden tan that would make a Brazilian proud (or jealous). I've tried many tanning products over the years in hot pursuit of the ideal 'just got back from an exotic holiday' glow including affordable options from Palmers and Le Tan to pricier offerings from St Tropez and Estee Lauder.

Most beauty gurus claim that St Tropez mousse is the ultimate fake tan, but at AU$43.95 for 120mls it ought to be! I bought the St Tropez mousse from TVSN on sale once and did enjoy using it, but personally I wouldn't repurchase it - I can't bring myself to spend that much money for so little product.

This summer I decided to try the ModelCo Tan Mousse, it's a new formulation in their product line, and I wanted to see how it compared to the St Tropez mousse. ModelCo are known for their tanning range and their 'Tan in a Can' is famously the first of its kind.
www.ModelCo.com.au

The ModelCo Tan Mousse is a rich golden-brown colour with orange undertones, unlike the St Tropez mousse which looks almost greenish brown. The product is instantly visible on the skin and easy to blend, which allows for even application. Once dry, there is no sticky residue and no horrible chemical smell, just a sweet vanilla, pineapple fragrance. The developed tan is a natural, non-orange golden-brown.

ModelCo claims that Tan Mousse is their darkest tanning formulation yet, but I think their spray tan formulation is much darker. The Tan Mousse gives a more natural glow in comparison, which is probably better for paleys like me.

ModelCo Tan Mousse AU$35 180mls

Happy tanning,

love La x

No comments:

Post a Comment